Newstalk KBKW

Arthur Street Apartment Fire

just before 10 o’clock Tuesday night, firefighters resonded to a water heater on fire in the bedroom closet of an upstairs apartment. Battalion Chief Damon Lillybridge says the closet was on fire when the nine-member crew arrived, billowing black smoke as boxes of plastic toys were above the waterheater.

Lillybridge said the residents were very lucky, given the timing of the fire and that the smoke detector present did not have batteries installed.

No injuries were reported from the fire, an estimated 3500 in damages, as well as significant water damage since the water lines de-soldered – and fire crews used about 25 gallons of their own.

Comments are closed.