WSDOT extends the studded tire removal deadline through April 17
On the WSDOT Winter Driving Web site (www.wsdot.wa.gov/winter), you can find ways to prepare for winter driving, winter driving tips, plus more about WSDOT’s winter roadway operations, snow and ice removal and avalanche control.
WSDOT advises drivers to know before you go:
· Get information before you leave about traffic and roadway conditions, including the mountain passes, on our Web site at www.wsdot.wa.gov.
· 511 – This driver information phone line provides current traffic, incident and closure information. TTY users can call 1-800-833-6388. Out-of-state callers can access the information at 1-800-695-ROAD (7623).
· Sign up for and follow WSDOT news at www.wsdot.wa.gov/news. There you can sign up for WSDOT E-mail alerts, Twitter feeds, read the blog and see WSDOT photos on Flickr.
Know On the Road:
· Overhead and roadside electronic signs
· Highway advisory radio – WSDOT advises drivers to program 530AM and 1610AM on your radio.