Grays Harbor County Emergency Management is alerting all who live along the coast to be prepared for possible power outages and falling trees and limbs. Due to the continued rainfall, trees could be more susceptible to the impact of high winds and topple. Be extremely alert when walking around downed power lines and fallen trees.
Be prepared for power outages by checking your generators, flashlights and by checking your non perishable food and water supply for your family and pets. DO NOT use a portable generator indoors. DO NOT refill liquid fuel powered (kerosene, etc) portable heating units indoors and remember if using any type of fuel powered portable heating unit,(wood, kerosene, coal) to keep a window open at least ½ to 1 inch to prevent Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Symptoms of Carbon Monoxide Poisoning are fatigue, nausea & vomiting , lethargy and the possibility that a person could be difficult to awaken if sleeping. If you suspect that anyone in your family may have Carbon Monoxide poisoning, LEAVE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY and call 911 from a neighbor’s home!