Warning, Watch, and Advisory, Rundown for Grays Harbor
These Warnings are in effect for Grays Harbor County – Flood Watch for the Chehalis , a High Surf Advisory and a High Wind Warning will be in effect from 1pm until 1am Thurs morning.
1) The Satsop River is currently at bank level and receding, but will return to bank level @ 4am Thurs. It is NOT expected to reach flood stage at this point.
2) The Chehalis River is at Bank level at 19.5 feet. It will reach flood stage (21 feet) @ 10am Friday. We’re monitoring the situation but forecasts predict 21.69 crest level at this time. Residents were warned via the Telephonic Warning System yesterday by Grays Harbor County Emergency Management.
3) The Wynoochee River has no issues at this point.
4) Be aware of minor flooding issues with water over some roadways.
5) There is a HIGH SURF ADVISORY in effect. Seas are expected to reach 20-25 feet which will bring dangerous surf conditions at the beaches including erosion and longer surf runs. Be extremely aware of the waves! DO NOT TURN YOUR BACK TO THE SEA!
6) The PUD states that there are currently a few residents without power. They are working hard to try to restore power this morning.
7) Grays Harbor Public Works Road Crews are working to open roads that were closed due to fallen trees and water over the road. They are monitoring all roads for rising flood waters.