Call to artists for ‘100 Birds on the Beach’ to celebrate Westport Centennial
Join the excitement of the City of Westport’s Centennial celebration. Gain exposure, sell your art and open a new market area. The South Beach Arts Association (SBAA) celebrates Westport, Washington’s Centennial with 100 Birds on the Beach, an artistic exhibit celebrating Westport’s 100 years as an incorporated city.
Community members, business owners, students, artists, and children are invited to create a bird or birds in the mediums of their choice — representative or fanciful, two-dimensional or three-dimensional. Your bird(s) will then be displayed throughout the City of Westport in secure settings for 100 days, with the opportunity for you to sell them if you wish to do so.
• A ‘100 Birds on the Beach’ citywide exhibit of submitted artworks will run for 100 days starting on City of Westport Founders Day – June 26, 2014. People’s choice awards will be voted on during the citywide exhibit.
• 100 Birds on the Beach will have an information booth at the Shorebird Festival April 25, 26 and 27 in Hoquiam.
• June 12: Westport business owners will select a bird to exhibit in their business.
• July 12, the SBAA will join the Kinnikinnick Garden Club for an “Art in the Garden” tour of beautiful lush gardens in our beach community that will include unique art exhibits at each location.
• A Scavenger hunt for community members and visitors will be announced and maintained on-line during the 100-day exhibit run with updates via Facebook.
Enter your bird artwork(s) by submitting a letter of Intent by Feb. 28, 2014.
Scan and email your entry form to [email protected] or mail to SBAA, PO Box 2006, Westport, WA 98595.
Download the entry documents from Southbeacharts.org
Artists are welcome to enter as many works in the exhibit, space available, at a $5 per entry fee.
More info: [email protected] or by calling 206- 919-6743.