In this video released by the Coast Guard, a 22-year-old man is rescued from a cliff on Little James Island near La Push, Wash., Tuesday, July 14, 2009. An MH-65C helicopter crew from Coast Guard Group/Air Station Port Angeles, Wash., was dispatched to the scene where they were able to hoist the man into the helicopter. (U.S. Coast Guard video / Group / Air Station Port Angeles)
The missions of Group/Air Station Port Angeles include maritime search and rescue, enforcement of laws and treaties, providing aids to navigation and marine environmental protection. In addition, the Air Station frequently assists federal, state and county agencies by responding to calls for assistance with inland searches and medical evacuations.
- Aberdeen standoff ends in arrest, body remains on scene as investigation continues
- Aberdeen standoff on Oak street after police find body on porch
- Olympia lawmakers looking at levy reform to help fund schools
- Ericka Manwell named Aberdeen Rotary Club Student of the Month for May
- Sen. Murray, Army Corps, and Port of Grays Harbor gather to celebrate Grays Harbor Channel Deepening Project