Many coastal fire departments will be patrolling local beaches over the long holiday weekend to insure a safe and enjoyable time for all and are advising caution over the Fourth of July holiday.
Please be vigilant along the beaches and remind others to:
1) Where allowed, please keep all beach campfires at least 100 feet from the dunes and extinguish all campfires when you leave the beach.
2) If discharging fireworks along the beaches, remember to move closer to the water and point towards the ocean.
3) Use extreme caution when discharging fireworks around other people, pets and children.
4) DO NOT drink adult beverages and discharge fireworks. Numerous injuries occur each year linking alcohol consumption and the discharge of fireworks.
5) Please be courteous and remove your debris when you leave the beach. Soak all fireworks debris in water and dispose of it properly. DO NOT put fireworks debris in your car or in trash receptacles unless it has been thoroughly soaked in water.
6) Please DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE. Designate a driver to transport everyone home safely from your holiday activities.
Grays Harbor County Emergency Management thanks everyone for their support and wishes all a safe and happy Fourth of July holiday.