Citing Environmental concerns over surrounding wetlands the Washington State DOT has dropped the Port of Grays Harbor Property from the list of three potential sites being considered for the State Route 520 Pontoon Construction Project.
Sue Ann Pelley (Pell-E) tells KBKW news – that the remaining two sites had the least environmental impact.
The department will issue a press release next week, launching a new comment period for the remaining two sites. Pelley said they will be able to announce a preffered site this spring, but the procedure is to study both sites until the draft environmental impact statement is issued at the end of this year. Only then will a definitive site location be announced.
- Aberdeen standoff ends in arrest, body remains on scene as investigation continues
- Aberdeen standoff on Oak street after police find body on porch
- Olympia lawmakers looking at levy reform to help fund schools
- Ericka Manwell named Aberdeen Rotary Club Student of the Month for May
- Sen. Murray, Army Corps, and Port of Grays Harbor gather to celebrate Grays Harbor Channel Deepening Project