Real-time travel information is available via WSDOT’s online and on-the-road tools:
- · 511 travel information hotline. For out-of-state callers, it’s 1-800-695-ROAD (7623).
- · Mobile devices: Go to www.wsdot.wa.gov/inform for travel info via email alerts, Twitter, Facebook and smartphone apps.
- · Overhead and roadside electronic signs.
- · Highway advisory radio – 530 AM and 1610 AM.
Travelers whose weekend plans include a trip by ferry, train, personal aircraft or bus, should also make plans to avoid holiday delays:
- · Washington State Ferries expects heavy traffic; ferry riders should consider traveling outside of peak times. Holiday schedules and other ferry information can be found at www.wsdot.wa.gov/ferries, or by calling toll-free 888-808-7977.
- · Amtrak Cascades trains sell out quickly on holiday weekends. Visit www.amtrakcascades.com or call 800-USA-RAIL for more information.
- · Visit www.wsdot.wa.gov/aviation/airports/Amenities.htm or call 800-552-0666 for information on state-operated airports.
- · Most public transit systems will follow a holiday schedule, and some transit systems will not operate fixed-route or Dial-A-Ride service on Labor Day.