- · Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- · Working knowledge of office equipment
- · Ability to communicate effectively and independently in written and oral form with a variety of community groups, agencies, and officials
- · Lift up to 40 lbs.
- · Experience in emergency management, community involvement, or education preferred but not required
- · Be a US citizen, US national, or lawful permanent resident alien of the US
- · Be 18-25 years of age at the start date of the service term
- · Pass required criminal background checks
- · Not be listed on the National Sex Offender Registry (NSOR)
- · Living allowance of $1,125 per month (before taxes)
- · Training and experience
- · Subsidized childcare (if qualified)
- · Health Insurance (member only)
- · Student loan forbearance and/or payment of interest on qualified student loans
- · $5,550 Education Award provided by National Service Trust (upon successful completion of service term)
Visit http://www.americorps.gov/about/programs/state_national.asp for more information about AmeriCorps*State.
For more information about the AmeriCorps*State position or project, contact Denise Rowlett at [email protected] or call (360) 875-9338.