Nellie Miller of Neilton was the lucky winner of the Grays Harbor College Foundation’s Mystery Get-Away Weekend event, benefiting the Foundation’s World Class Scholars program. More than $7,000 was raised for the scholarship program with over 100 in attendance.
Once her name was announced Thursday night, Nellie and her husband, Steve, were whisked away in a limousine and are enjoying a three-day getaway weekend in Seattle, including limo transportation, accommodations in the Belltown area of downtown Seattle, tasting tour of the Pike Place Market, musical tickets, lots of snacks and surprises, plus $500 spending money, all compliments of the GHC Foundation. Many students currently enrolled as World Class Scholars helped out at the event.
- Aberdeen standoff ends in arrest, body remains on scene as investigation continues
- Aberdeen standoff on Oak street after police find body on porch
- Olympia lawmakers looking at levy reform to help fund schools
- Ericka Manwell named Aberdeen Rotary Club Student of the Month for May
- Sen. Murray, Army Corps, and Port of Grays Harbor gather to celebrate Grays Harbor Channel Deepening Project