Two Escape Hoquiam Kitchen Fire That Claims Home

HOQUIAM, Wash. – Two Hoquiam residents escaped a house fire this evening that Hoquiam Fire Chief Ray Pumphrey tells us, escalated quickly from an over boiling tea pot “It was called in as a kitchen fire by the [renter], she had put a tea pot on the stove and then went and laid down. When our guys got there, actually when they came over the Simpson bridge, the could see flames coming out of the upstairs windows.”
Pumphrey tells us the fire, in the 2400 block of Cherry street, began around 7:15 tonight, “There was two adults in the house, they both got out safely, there was three dogs, we know that one got out.” Several engines remained on scene past dusk, keeping the fire contained to the home.

Comments

SHARE
News Director of Jodesha Broadcasting since October 2007. Dave Haviland moved to Grays Harbor in 1979 and graduated from Aberdeen High School in 1993.