The concrete-plank boat launch is currently in such poor condition that attempts to launch trailered boats are hazardous, said Terrie Preston, WDFW northcentral region lands agent based in Ephrata. The department plans to conduct a work assessment and seek the funding and federal permits needed to restore the launch, she said.
Preston noted several alternative Columbia River access sites in the area:
- WDFW's Old Vantage Highway access site east of Vantage on the Grant County side of the river.
- Washington State Parks Wanapum Recreation Area southwest of Vantage on the Kittitas County side of the river.
- Crescent Bar Recreation Area southwest of Quincy on the Grant County side of the river.
- WDFW's Buckshot access site southwest of Mattawa on the Grant County side of the river.
- WDFW's Vernita access site east of Priest Rapids Dam on the Grant County side of the river.