While an officer took a written statement from the victim another officer located Richardson on the street in the 400 block of Monroe. A warrants on the man revealed that he was a Level 1 Sex Offender. During the investigation it was determined that Richardson had changed his address with notifying authorities which is a violation of his requirement to register as a sex offender.
Richardson admitted to officer that he had been living at the Hoquiam address on Monroe Street for approximately 5 months without registering his new address as required by law. He stated he did not know who to call to register. The last time the man did register was at an Astoria, Oregon address. Prior to moving to the Hoquiam, Monroe Street address Richardson was using a Shelton, Washington address.
Richardson will be charged at the county level for Failing to Register and charged with 4th Degree Assault in Hoquiam Municipal Court.
- Aberdeen standoff ends in arrest, body remains on scene as investigation continues
- Aberdeen standoff on Oak street after police find body on porch
- Olympia lawmakers looking at levy reform to help fund schools
- Ericka Manwell named Aberdeen Rotary Club Student of the Month for May
- Sen. Murray, Army Corps, and Port of Grays Harbor gather to celebrate Grays Harbor Channel Deepening Project