More detailed information about the program and the application process is available on WSDOT’s website at www.wsdot.wa.gov/LocalPrograms/SafeRoutes/CallForProjects.
In addition to the Safe Routes to School funding program, WSDOT’s Highways and Local Programs is working to increase safety for student pedestrians and bicyclists by:
- · Working with schools to develop school walk route plans.
- · Providing information about walking and biking to the public.
- · Researching bicycle and pedestrian issues.
- · Providing design assistance to local communities to improve safety for biking and walking.
- · Conducting bicycle and pedestrian related trainings and workshops.