Volunteers will be matched to projects that fit their skills, interests, and schedules. Specific opportunities include:
- Ship maintenance – Painting, cleaning, restoration, rigging, engine maintenance
- Seaport Landing — Site preparation, packing, moving boxes and gear, unpacking and storage, grounds-keeping, building maintenance, and office setup
- Spar Shop – Shop set-up, equipment maintenance, cleanup
- Archives – Cataloging and storage of Historical Seaport records, local history research
- Business operations – Filing, copying, bulk mail preparation, assisting with public event planning, such as a 25th birthday party for the Historical Seaport.
Seaport Landing is a multi-use visitor destination and home port for Lady Washington and Hawaiian Chieftain. The facility will be located on the Chehalis River in South Aberdeen just south of the Chehalis River bridge. The Spar Shop is a business unit of the Historical Seaport specializing in turning ship’s wooden masts and spars, as well as custom columns and poles. For more information about volunteer opportunities, contact Jan Jorgenson, 360-589-3999, [email protected]. More information about the Historical Seaport is at www.historicalseaport.org.