“But we will still see low temperatures and the snow should continue in the mountain passes. Those traveling for Thanksgiving need to be prepared and carry chains,” he said.
WSDOT is ready for the expected increased traffic for the Thanksgiving holiday. Drivers should be prepared, check travel and roadway conditions on WSDOT’s website and pack their winter weather supplies, including tire chains. For more winter driving tips, go to www.wsdot.wa.gov/winter.
Know Before You Go
- WSDOT offers several ways to get up-to-date traffic and construction information from our website before you leave your home or office.
- Look at weather forecasts and road temperatures throughout the state.
- A color-coded map shows statewide traffic conditions.
- Call 511. WSDOT’s driver information phone line provides real-time traffic, incident and closure information. TTY users can call 1-800-833-6388.
On the Road
- Overhead and roadside electronic signs provide emergency and incident alerts and, in some Seattle-area locations during rush hours, point-to-point travel times.
- Highway advisory radio allows drivers to tune in to hear updates when the flashing lights along the highway are activated.
WSDOT keeps people, businesses and the economy moving by operating and improving the state’s transportation systems. To learn more about what we’re doing, go to www.wsdot.wa.gov/news for pictures, videos, news and blogs. Real time traffic information is available at www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic or by dialing 5-1-1.