Any 2008 Washington state annual shellfish/seaweed license or combination license is valid for the March opener, but diggers will need a 2009-10 license for digs scheduled after April 1. A license is required for anyone age 15 or older. Razor-clam only licenses are also available in annual or three-day only versions. Descriptions of the various licensing options are available on the WDFW website at https://fishhunt.dfw.wa.gov .
Harvesters are allowed to take no more than 15 razor clams and must keep the first 15 they dig, regardless of size or condition. Each digger's clams must be kept in a separate container.
Ayres said more digs will likely be announced following the openers tentatively scheduled in April. "There's a good chance we'll have enough clams to offer additional digging opportunities on some beaches in May," he said.
March dates and tides:
- Friday, March 27 (7:49 a.m. 0.0 ft.) Twin Harbors, Mocrocks
- Saturday, March 28 (8:29 a.m. -0.4 ft.) Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis, Mocrocks
- Sunday, March 29 (9:12 a.m. -0.6 ft.) Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis, Mocrocks
Tentatively scheduled digs in April:
- Friday, April 10 (7:45 a.m., -0.7 ft.) Twin Harbors
- Saturday, April 11 (8:25 a.m., -0.7 ft.) Long Beach, Twin Harbors
- Sunday, April 12 (9:05 a.m., -0.5 ft.) Long Beach, Twin Harbors
- Saturday, April 25 (7:27 a.m., -1.3 ft.) Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis, Mocrocks
- Sunday, April 26 (8:10 a.m., -1.6 ft.) Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis, Mocrocks
- Monday, April 27 (8:55 a.m., -1.7 ft.) Long Beach, Twin Harbors, Copalis, Mocrock