Reasons for action: Early indications are that both hatchery and natural steelhead returning to the Chehalis River basin are well below pre-season projections. Available data indicate escapement goals will not be met. Many independent tributaries have not achieved their spawner escapement goals in recent years; the entire Chehalis River system has not met minimum conservation goals for the last two years. To minimize overall impact to the natural spawning population and to ensure hatchery egg-take needs are achieved, the sport fishery will be closed.
Other information: Quinault Indian Nation has also closed their commercial fishery in the lower Chehalis River for the remainder of the winter steelhead season.
- Aberdeen standoff ends in arrest, body remains on scene as investigation continues
- Aberdeen standoff on Oak street after police find body on porch
- Olympia lawmakers looking at levy reform to help fund schools
- Ericka Manwell named Aberdeen Rotary Club Student of the Month for May
- Sen. Murray, Army Corps, and Port of Grays Harbor gather to celebrate Grays Harbor Channel Deepening Project