Check your Smoke Detectors, Carbon Monoxide Detectors and your All Hazard Weather Radios!

GRAYS HARBOR COUNTY, Wash. – The Emergency Management Department of Grays Harbor County is asking that all citizens become pro active in protecting your family from harm. All households and businesses are being asked to:
1)      CHANGE the batteries in their Smoke Detectors, Carbon Monoxide detectors and your All Hazard Weather Radios at the same time you change your clocks. Also, please test the alarm to make sure they work properly.
2)     Check the status of any portable indoor heaters and remember to NEVER refuel indoors. If you use kerosene heaters, remember to leave a window open no less than 1” for ventilation. If you or any family member begins to feel ill or is not acting in a normal manner, LEAVE THE PROPERTY IMMEDIATELY AND CALL 911! Carbon Monoxide is odorless and can cause death!
3)     Check the status of your generators.
4)     Check or begin to assemble your 72 hour supplies in the event of a power outage. You will need non perishable food and water for your family and pets, blankets, bedding, flashlights and the location of the closest shelter in the event you must leave your home.
5)     In the event of severe weather or disaster, remember to check on your neighbors.
The Grays Harbor Department of Emergency Management suggests that all residents visit our website at: